Jobs with Stephen Roche Cycling for 2018 season
To apply please send CV to CHRISTEL@STEPHENROCHE.COM
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract: Full-time / permanent
As Booking Agent duties/ responsibilities will consist mainly but will not be limited to some of the requirements listed below:
- Send proposals for all English booking enquires received through Stephen Roche Cycling website.
- Respond to client emails, phone calls in a professional and timely manner.
- Deal with all queries and complaints.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure clients accommodation, return transfers etc. Are booked and confirmed.
- Liaise with other departments, including head of guides and head mechanic to ensure clients requests are meet.
- Prepare goodie bags.
- Assist director with all aspects of the events (promoting, client booking, on the day logistics etc.)
- Assist clients with merchandise purchase and follow sale through.
- IT Literate
- Fully proficient with outlook, word, and excel
- Experience with customer service
- Sales experience
- Detailed oriented
- Good organisational skills
- Experience with events
- Good written and spoken English
- Basic French is a plus
Support Car Driver
Dates: 10th February to 10th June (possibility to extend to October based on profile)
Contract: Full-time / temporary
Support car driver responsibilities will consist mainly but will not be limited to the requirements listed below:
- Provide mechanical support and water throughout group guided rides
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean and in good condition at all times.
- Ensure the car has plenty of petrol for the next day’s use.
- Prepare the car before each use, with:
- Consumables: water, electrolyte, gels, etc
- Mechanic equipment: tools, oil, pump, etc
- Bike spares: frames and wheels
- Medical: first aid kit
- Help Clients to fill their water bottles, and offer assistance whenever possible/required. This may include changing tire, pedal/saddle adjustments etc.
- Check at each stop if customers are ok, all groups are together and if anyone needs to go in the car with you.
- Liaise with coffee stops to let them know the numbers for the day and if there are any closures etc.
Other possible duties based on profile:
- Assist with merchandise Sales in one of our Stephen Roche Cycling bike stations
- Friendly, excellent interpersonal kills
- Clean driving licence
- Basic bike mechanic skills a plus
- Good spoken English
Start date: 1st February
Contracts: Full time/ permanent
- Prepare the rental bikes according to the weekly planning.
- Collaborate with the booking team on a daily basis in order to meet all bike rental needs.
- Greet customers and set them up on their bikes by: adjusting saddle, installing pedals, power meters and other accessories.
- Assist customers on a daily basis with ad hoc mechanical adjustments if needed.
- Recover the bikes at the end of a customers stay.
- Coordinate the bike washing station and crew.
- Insure bikes are fully services on regular basis.
- Manage the tools and shop supplies.
- Manage and maintain the ride captains fleet bikes.
- Collaborate with mechanics in other bike stations.
- Ensure the workshop is clean and tidy at all times.
The fleet of bikes at Stephen Roche cycling is composed of about 100 units.
Each bike can be used for up to 600km per week and therefore every bike must be inspected on a regular basis for normal wear and tear. Usually, while performing set-up, you inspect and repair/adjust required elements. Security is the main priority.
Before handing over a bike to a customer, key points must be inspected and checked:
- Stem and handlebar must be secured and torqued to specific torque values.
- Brakes must be set-up evenly and in a professional way.
- You have to make sure the customer is aware of the brake set-up (UK vs Euro)
- Wheels must be secured correctly and tires well inflated
- The seat post must be correctly tightened to torque value. (Make sure there is carbon grip paste applied to the seat post)
Skills and experience
- Bilingual (a combination of Spanish, English, French)
- Experience as a bike mechanic.
- Knowledge and experience with Shimano, Sram and Campy. Electronic groups included.
- Basic knowledge of bike fit and bicycle geometry.
- Self-disciplined and organized.
- Good social skills.
- Experience dealing with a wide variety of customers, from ex-racers to beginners.
- Sales experience is a plus.
- Proficient with Excel, Google sheets and other Internet tools.